HOUSING AT ST MARK'S ROAD, NORTH KENSINGTON, LONDON
This scheme appears to consist of twelve large houses. Each house is in fact two narrow houses over a flat. The houses have access to the garden at the rear and the flat is restricted to the street side of the building. At the corner between the two terraces is a small block of flats with a major bay window. The plans of the houses are angled to the street to allow the comer to be turned and privacy between dwellings to be maintained.
The project was for social housing such as might be undertaken by the local authority but, in this case, was delegated to a charitable trust, The Kensington Housing Trust. The financial standards were therefore the same as those for public housing.Facts and Figures
Building Contract: 1976 - 1980
Architectural Review 1006, December 1980