|24th June 1998
- Currenly writing dissertation for M.Sc. in Architecture (Energy Efficient Building), Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- Succesfully completed Post-graduate Diploma in Architecture (Energy Efficient Building) with Distinction Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- Qualified Architect, COA India 5 year Diploma in Architecture from Sushant School of Art & Architecture, India
- All-round abilities of design, presentation techniques with computers, economics and Building Performance Modeling, the latest technologies, develop renovation and refurbishment strategies
- Work experience of 18 months full-time and 9 months part-time, proficient in the usage of various architectural, graphics and word processing computer software. AutoCad R14, 3D Studio, Photoshop 4.0, Pagemaker 6.0, MS Office, HoTMetaL Pro 4.
School of Architecture, Oxford Brookes University, September 1998
Enrolled in Master of Science/Diploma in Architecture (Energy Efficient Building)
Sushant School of Art & Architecture, India, June 1996
5 Year Diploma in Architecture (First Class)
- Rugby Club, Whitney, Oxfordshire
- Primary School, Zermatt, Switzerland
- Architectural Thesis: Redevelopment of New Market, Calcutta
- Architectual Dissertation: Influence of ‘Post-Modern’ on contemporary Indianarchitecture
- Art Thesis: A composition of transparent canvases and colours of fire
- Urban Design: Redevelopment of old DCM Mill, New Delhi as a commercial centre
- HIG Group Housing atPanchsheel, New Delhi
- Raisina Public School at Chitteranjan Park, New Delhi
Research Assistant for RUDI (Resource for Urban Design Information) rudi.herts.ac.uk
Oxford Brookes University
Enrolled in M.Sc./Diploma in Architecture at School of Architecture, Oxford Brookes University Due to finish September 1998
- Programming: Pascal, Basic, Learning Java
- Energy Design Packages: Daylight, BREDEM, SAPcalc, Quick, BREVENT, Nimbus Lighting Design 13.13
- Other Packages: AutoCad R14, 3D Studio, Microstation, Photoshop 4.0, Pagemaker 6.0, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, HoTMetaL Pro 3.21, Netscape 3.0
- Operating Systems: Windows 95, MS-DOS, Macintosh
- Basic understanding of Hardware, RAM, Printers, Plotters, CD ROM.
Ansal’s Gold Medal for excellence in academic & extra-curricular activities during the 5-yr Diploma in Architecture
First Prize in All India Student Design Competition Shelter and Community Design for Economically Weaker Section For HABITAT (UN), organized by Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India in 1994
Competition Declarations: Architecture + Design, Jan-Feb 1995 (Indian Architecture Journal)
- Research Assistant: RUDI, Oxford Brookes University (started 01/98)
RUDI is a significant multimedia resource for research and teaching in the field of urban design hosted on the Internet by Oxford Brookes University. The service provides material on urban design in the Western cultural context. RUDI is part of the Access to network Resources area of the Electronic Libraries (eLib) Programme and I am a part of a team of RAs designing and preparing the web pages to be hosted on the internet. rudi.herts.ac.uk
- Architectural Assistant: M.M. Rana Associates, New Delhi (01/97 - 06/97)
M.M. Rana Associates are a leading architectural firm in New Delhi and I worked on many assignments with a team of architectural assistants under supervision. The projects on hand were National Library in Calcutta, some residences in New Delhi and its outskirts and office interiors. The main job was to develop the design schemes, prepare drawings in Autocad and to detail drawings for construction, shop drawings. 3D visualization of the library and a residence done in Autocad and 3D Studio for client presentations. Overall experience was gained from conceptualization, development upto presentations.
- Partner: Vizoirs, A Design Firm (07/96 - 12/96)
As a freelancer I had the opportunity to work for various premier architectural firms in New Delhi preparing photo-realistic images and animation for their client presentations. The projects varied from 5 star Hotels to office interiors. Private Commissions: Design of one Shopping Complex in Gurgaon, North India and one in Bhagalpur, East India.
- Architectural Consultant: Exhibit, Trikaya Gray Advertising, New Delhi (01/96 - 06/96)
Exhibit is a division of Trikaya Gray Advertising (a joint venture between Trikaya and Gray Advertising), a leading advertising agency of India with 6 offices in India and 1 each in Mauritius and Sri Lanka. This division of the company design and prepares exhibition stalls for various Indian companies for exhibitions held all year round in India and abroad. Designs and presentations were prepared as a part of a team of architectural consultants and the main projects on hand were Silicon Graphics stall in AutoExpo ‘96 in New Delhi, SAIL Stall for exhibition in Djakarta.
- Architectural Assitant: Performance/Architecture, New Delhi (01/94 - 05/94)
A part-time employment during 3rd year of architectural education. Small-size practice, worked with close co-ordination with the head-craftsman for interior decoration jobs. Experiments with material combinations for surface finishes.
- Dr. Sue Roaf: Course Chair, M.Sc. Architecture